Search This Blog

flag

free counters

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
www.teddee.in www.hashmivardhan.co.cc about adsense tricks and approval sites

Sunday, October 17, 2010

7 Habits To Improve Posture

I spend minimum 40 hours per week in front of the computer and have for ten years. I've noticed that I do suffer from ADD, depression, sleep problems and stiff fingers. I've found some things that really help. So, take my advice... I'm not a doctor, but I've been there.
  1. Sleep problems - Simply turn off the computer a few hours before you go to bed. Easy as that. Last night, I had this great idea to go to Mexico. I was up until after midnight researching flight plans and off the beaten path locations. I couldn't get to sleep until after 2:30am!

    Turn down the brightness of the monitor. Having bright lights shining at your head confuses your brain into thinking it's daylight. Your conscious mind seems to know better but the subconscious wants to stay awake. Of course, if you're doing color correction, you can't very well turn down the computer brightness, but turning it down also saves your laptop battery.
  2. Coffee Consumption - I'm addicted to coffee but lately I've had a weird twitch in my right eye and I think it may be related to my pot-o-coffee consumption. I only buy quality organic Guatemalan roast, the best kind, but one person probably shouldn't drink a full pot. I'd recommend cutting down to just a couple of cups a day and switching it out with some high quality green tea. I'm not talking the stuff in tea bags - I'm talking about the stuff imported from Japan that costs $15 for 6 oz of the dry loose stuff. The taste is amazing, you still get a kick from it, and it's loaded with antioxidants. Hopefully it will not disrupt your sleep cycle, make you shake, or make your eye twitch.
  3. Join a gym - Lose the belly and the backaches. It also does wonders for the carpal tunnel, depression, sleep problems and tush. I go to the gym 4-5 times a week and go to a great classes like BodyPUMP or BOSU. If you don't go to a gym, those terms are probably Greek to you, but any cardio workout will help. It has helped me immensely and is probably the biggest change I've made in my geek lifestyle. I feel the best I've felt since I was 8!
  4. Take a vacation - You have to get away for at least a few days and unplug. I feel reenergized after just 48 hours away from the glowing screen. It's weird not obsessively checking email every ten minutes but it will make you a better person. Find a nice beach or open market and soak up the sites instead of the radiation from your monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment